|This type of junction box can accommodate up to four telephones per line.|
The following are some basic facts that can help you wire your telephone:
- The telephone junction box is the hub where all telephone wires inside your home converge.
- Its main function is to act as a hub that will distribute telephone power and signals to telephone jacks inside your home.
- The junction box is used if you want to install more than one telephone jack in a single telephone line.
- You do not have to install the box if you only need one telephone inside your home. You can simply connect the wire running from the NID directly to the telephone jack.
- The telephone cable from the NID runs into the junction box where telephone wires are screwed onto similar colored terminals.
- To connect a telephone jack to the junction box, run the cable from the jack into the box, then screw the wires at the end of the cable to terminals with the same color inside the junction box.